Middlesbrough Town Hall and Municipal Buildings, built in 1883-1889, to replace the Old Town Hall (the latter is now used as a library). The architect of the "new" building was G.G Hoskins of Darlington and the project cost #130,000.
It is constructed of sandstone ashlar with slate roofs, built around four sides of a courtyard with the main town hall on the north side fronting onto Corporation Road. It is built in a revived "French Gothic" style, with the courtyard elevations in a "Domestic Revival" style. It was one of the last large Gothic style town halls to be built in England. The town hall element has one storey centre with two-storey end pavilions. The building features statuary by W. Margeston of Chelsea. To the east are a complex of modern civic buildings linked by a bridge passage.