Possible pre 1433 ridge-and-furrow cultivation was identified in Greenwich Park during the RCHME Greenwich Park Survey between September 1993 and February 1994. The earthworks comprised six parallel linear hollows, situated about 50 metres south of the Bandstand. Each hollow was found to be about 0.8 metres wide and 0.1 metre deep. There were no traces of ridging between the hollows. The hollows extended north-south for 10-20 metres. At the northern end the features disappear; to the south, they end against a flat-bottomed ditch, 4 metres wide and 0.2 metres deep, running north-east to south-west for 40 metres. There were faint traces of two hollows continuing beyond the ditch, but the relationship between the two features was unclear.
Aerial photographs suggest that the hollows are furrows, part of an area of ridge and furrow cultivation extending north-westwards between Bower Avenue and the Bandstand. At least eight furrows are visible as linear cropmarks, each describing a gentle arc reminiscent of the `reversed S' curve of ridge and furrow. From aerial photographs, it is obvious that the furrows do continue south of the ditch, which appears therefore to cut across the field system.