Wanborough Manor Great Barn is a 14th century barn with 17th and 18th century alterations. Initially interpreted as a tithe barn, Wanborough Barn was in fact originally built and used by the Cistercian monks of Waverley Abbey, who owned Wanborough Manor as a grange from 1130 until the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1536. The building then passed into private hands and was used as a barn until the 1990s. It was extensively restored in 1997 and is now owned by Guildford Borough Council.
The barn is 33.55m long, 9.7m wide and is 5.49m high to the wall plate. It is timber framed on a red and blue brick plinth with weatherboard cladding and brick infill to exposed frames on the ends. The cladding is horizontal but grooves on the underside of the wall plate suggest it would have originally been vertical. It has a tiled hipped roof with a gablet to the left end and a gable to the right end. However, evidence suggests that the roof was originally hipped. It has seven framed bays with central full height wagon doors and there are two other doors, one which is blocked. The front interior has arcaded posts with dovetailed joints between tie beams and arcade plates. There are also lateral braced crown posts.
Dendrochronology has provided a construction date of 1388; however timbers dating to the late 13th and early 14th century were reused in its construction. The north and south aisles were partially rebuilt after 1705 and the end aisle was added in the 18th century.