The Affetside Cross is a post-medieval cross located on the west side of the former Roman road, Watling Street, in Affetside. The present structure is suggested to be 17th or 18th century and was re-erected circa 1890 upon new steps. It replaced an earlier medieval cross, used as a medieval waymarker. The present shaft is post-medieval and represents a market cross for the village and surrounding hamlets.
The cross shaft is cut from a single piece of local gritstone and is set in a socle of two stones on two steps. The shaft is of pillar form with a square base 0.34m wide tapering to a column 1.43m high. At 1.34m there is a collar surmounted by a bun shaped capital. Cut into the top is a socket which once held a cross head or stone ball.
A sketch map of 1542 in the records of the Chancery Court of the Duchy of Lancashire (now in The National Archives) shows two crosses along the road through Affetside. The northern most cross is probably in the location where the Affetside Cross now stands. This evidence indicates that originally there were most likely two medieval crosses here along the line of the Roman road.