The remains of a medieval chapel at Chapel Porth, located 570 metres north-west of Wheal Freedom. The turf covered footings of a wall, up to 0.4m high form a building of rectangular plan orientated south-west/north-east. The sides measure 7.3 metres by 2.9 metres internally and the orientation is necessitated by its situation on a shelf in a narrow defile. This is very probably the remains of the medieval chapel. The remains of a post-medieval building, considered to be a store or shelter, intrude upon the south-east corner. It is conjectural whether the squared
stones in this structure are from the chapel or the adjacent Holy Well which was in existence until circa 1820 (SW 64 NE 1). Scheduled.