The remains of a fortified manor house built circa 1510. The manor house incorporates earlier remains, and there is documentary evidence for a house on the site from the 13th century. The manor house was granted licences to crenellate in 1391 and 1400. It was probably built for William Worth and improved by the Milliton family. However, on the death of William Milliton in 1556 the estate was divided up and the castle began to decline. An annexe was added to house in 1927-8 and it was repaired and altered in 1968. All that remains standing of the original fortified manor house is a fine four storey tower, which is now a private residence.
The fortified manor house is built of snecked granite rubble with granite dressings and quoins. It comprised of two rectangular courtyards and the surviving tower (with crenellated parapet) is located at the external angle between the two courtyards. It was positioned here to defend the house from the south-west. On the right was the hall range and beyond was the domestic courtyard.
Nothing is known of the rest of the castle as the north range was pulled down and the stone reused to build nearby farm buildings. This is illustrated in a print of 1743. A fine Tudor doorway from the manor house was built into the front of the farmhouse circa 1870 and apart from the tower the only surviving features are sections of walls of the east and south ranges and of the north curtain wall of the west court.
The tower has been interpreted as a self-contained refuge, the equivalent to a castle keep. There is no parallel to Pengersick Castle in South-west England and it was most likely constructed as a short term defence at a time of constant threat from the French and Spanish. Pengersick Castle is famous for the large number of folk tales and legends that are associated with it.