Braiseworth Hall, a moated site with probable manorial earthworks. The current house ('Braisworth Hall') on the site may either have replaced or incorporated an earlier building which was associated with the moat. Surrounding the house are the probable remains of a manorial complex comprising an almost complete sub-rectangular moat set within a large rectangular ditched enclosure. A small sub-square moat within the outer enclosure is probably ornamental.
This was part of the great estates of Edric of Laxfield in Saxon times, and of Robert Malet's mother at the time of the Domesday Book in 1086. In 1316 the lordship was held by William Runeton or Rungeton, and later by Peter de Briseworth, who was outlawed in 1367. William de Briseworth, his son and heir, had the custody granted to him of a messuage and 160 acres of land. Another Peter de Briseworth then held the manor, and from him it passed to his daughter Maud, wife of Roger Deneys of Tannington in the early 15th century. Her son John Deneys inherited, and on his death the manor went to his daughter Anne, married to Thomas Playters, of Thorndon. They both died in 1479, and their successor was their son William Playters, of Sotterley, who died in 1512, when the manor passed through Christopher, Thomas, William, and Sir Thomas Playters. In 1659 the manor was vested in John Wyard, in 1673 in Philip Wyard, and then in James Wyard. In 1792 the manor was vested in William Cooper, of Parham, who died in 1833, when it passed to his daughter Elizabeth Cooper, who died in 1834. The following year the manor with Braisworth Hall was sold as "late the property of William Cooper, Gent." to John Meadows, of Stanstead. Before 1855 it was acquired by the Earl of Stradbrooke.