Former priory church of St Laurence's Augustinian Priory founded 1152-62 and dissolved 1525. The church was altered and extended in 14th century, truncated and altered in 16th century, restored by Frederick Chancellor from 1895. The existing building represents the structural nave and aisles of a larger building which formerly extended further East, and formed the parish nave and chancel, of which 2 incomplete windows remain at the East end. The North arcade, except the West bay, was rebuilt in the early 16th century; the 12th century West bay survives. West belfry and spire 14th century. Early in the 16th century arches to North and South of the parish altar were inserted, for 2 storeys in the aisles, with large plain openings towards the nave. East end demolished and blocked. North porch 19th century, incorporating fragments of the original. North arcade rebuilt with the same stones 1895-1907; East end of North aisle also rebuilt.
There is some doubt as to whether the moatsurrounding the site was associated with the priory or whether it is a post-Dissolution landscape feature.