A parish church, now redundant, built in the 12th century with alterations carried out in the 13th-15th centuries, and repaired in 1886 by R J Withers. The church consists a west tower, nave with south aisle and south porch and chancel with south east chapel. It is constructed of coursed greenstone, limestone and ironstone rubble, limestone ashlar, red brick and some render. The roofs are constructed with slate and lead with some decorative ridge tiles and stone coped gables.
Dating from the 12th century is the north arcade, west tower with bell openings and the broad chancel arch. Painted windows to the east and west date to the 13th century and the porch interior with richly decorated inner doorway dates to the 14th century. The west tower was raised in the 15th century and the gabled porch with buttress and many of the rectangular windows also date to this period. The nave and south aisle were constructed in the 17th century and the tie beam roof repaired in 1611. The ornate pulpit is early 17th century and two of the three bells date to 1630 and 1675. There are various 18th century gravestones in the church. Further alterations were carried out in the late 19th century including the restoration of the north side of the chancel in 1873 and repairs to the five stage buttress on the west tower.
The church is adjacent to an area with evidence of medieval and post medieval settlement.