Benedictine cell founded in 1052 as a dependency of the Benedictine Abbey of Crowland. After 1071 one monk only remained, and the house was refounded in 1074 as a cell of St. Nicholas's Abbey, Angers. The monks secured their independence from Angers in 1397, and in 1540 the house was surrendered. The conventual church was apparently on the West side of the present Bridge Street a little to the North of High Bridge.
Dependencies: Until 1220, Alkborough Priory was a dependency of Spalding.