During the C12th, chapels were set in the secondary settlements of Southorpe, Elsthorpe, Grimsthorpe and Scottlethorpe. Of these only Scottlethorpe survived into later centuries as a manorial chapel. The chapel is mentioned in 1758. Scottlethorpe is still a hamlet, although much reduced since Mediaeval times. There are cropmark traces of ridge and furrow, and minor earthworks represent field banks. There is a strong local tradition of this being a monastic site, and amorphous disturbances around the stackyard at Manor Farm, which now occupies the site, suggest extensive buildings, possibly associated with a monastic complex.
The C12th St Martin's Chapel was converted to a barn. This was demolished in the 1960's and the doorway and tympanum relocated in the North aisle of Edenham Church. There is some debate as to whether this really was the Chapel of St Martin or whether it was material reused from Vaudey Abbey.