(1) Steve Willis and Barry Holliss 1987 Military airfields in the British Isles 1939-1945
(2) Roger A Freeman 1978 Airfields of the eighth : then and now
(3) General reference
Bowyer MJF, 2000: "Action Stations Revisited: The Complete History of Britain's Military Airfields" No1, Eastern England, pp 244-248
(4) Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date)
(5) Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date)
(6) Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date)
(7) Migrated Defence of Britain Project database record originally compiled from various sources
The two databases developed by the Project can be searched on-line through the Archaeology Data Service at http://ads.ahds.ac.uk/catalogue/specColl/dob/index.cfm
(8) World Wide Web page
Royal Air Force, Crown Copyright 2005. 'Battle of Britain: 11 Group'. http://www.raf.mod.uk/bob1940/11group.html [Accessed 09-JUL-2010].
(9) Oral information, correspondence (not archived) or staff comments
Further information about monuments may be obtained by contacting NMR Enquiry and Research Services , through the
English Heritage website.