A country house built between 1871-81 probably by Samuel Lipscomb Seckham. In 1883 the house was sold to Hubert Leon who extensively extended and remodelled it in several phases between 1883 and the mid 1920s. The house is predominantly Old English in style with a mix of late Victorian and Edwardian trends.
In 1937 the estate was owned by Hubert Faulkner who had intended to demolish the house and redevelop the estate. However, it was acquired by Admiral Hugh Sinclair to house the Government Code and Cipher School for the duration of the war. This organisation was responsible for the breaking enemy codes, notably the German Enigma codes. The organisation moved into the house, stables and other estate buildings on the 1st August 1939. Plasterboard huts were built in the grounds in phases in 1939 and 1940-41 shortly followed by more permanent blocks. A number of off site outstations were also established including bombe outstations at Wavendon (Monument HOB UID 1535472), Adstock (HOB UID 1535589), Gayhurst (HOB UID 344934), Stanmore (HOB UID 1535542) and Eastcote (HOB UID 1400211).
In 1946 the main part of Government Code and Cipher School moved out of Bletchley Park to Eastcote (HOB UID 1400211) but the Government Communications Headquarters training school was retained here until 1987, within the east end of Bock D and Bock C. The house together with part of the site, was used until 1993 by the General Post Office as offices. Until the 1990s the rest of the site was used by government agencies including the Ministry of Aviation, the General Post Office, the Diplomatic Wireless Service and the Ministry of Works. A teacher training college also used the site until 1976.
The post war use of the site has involved demolition of some of the estate and wartime buildings and structures. In 1992 the Bletchley Park Trust was formed to maintain the site. The house and part of the estate was opened to the public as Bletchley Park National Codes Centre Museum in 1994.