Secular college founded 1354 dissolved 1366 when it was replaced by a Franciscan nunnery, dissolved 1539. Partly incorporated into 16th century house. The collegiate chantry was transferred from Campsea Ash in 1354 and converted to a nunnery of Poor Clares in 1366. Left hand wing incorporates
14th-15th century remains of the nunnery; remainder of house early 17th century, with later alterations. Red brick with some flint and stone admixture and remains of plasterwork; the left hand wing has some flint rubble walling, mainly on the west side where there is a blocked arch; plaintiled roof. A main range with
projecting cross wing to the left hand side and 2 wings to the rear. 2 storeys and attics. Moat and possible fishpond surviving as earthworks. Human remains found.